0.9m Telescope "Issues"
DATE EVENT STATUS
15. MAR 2017 images don't write during sequence .....
might happen when increasing the # exposures
14. MAR 2017 test frames saved as normal frames .....
when the test button is clicked, the frame is named
with the input character string, seems to happen when
editing file title
13. FEB 2017 test image numbers do not increment properly .....
If you reset Image Number = 1, then take 1 test zero
and 1 test bias for calibrations, the Image Number
moves to 5, when it should still read 1 (because they
are test frames).
12. FEB 2017 automatically name output of focus exposure to "focus" .....
when focus sub-exposures are taken, the Image Number
goes up by one for every sub-exposure and the final
focus exposure is saved as the file with name given in
"Basename" field and with the number of the last Image
Number. It would be nice to change the focus image name
to e.g. "focus" in the same manner as it is done with
TEST exposure, and leave Image Number unchanged.
11. JAN 2017 windows machine cannot connect to BIW computer .....
known problem, need smooth way out (Marco delivered?)
error message is "an operation on a socked could not be
performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer
space. Do you wish to attempt to reconnect to
10. DEC 2016 remaining trails to west on bright stars .....
from Marco 2016.0718: "Peter can give you more details
on this, but basically they are building a new Torrent
system (got all the parts in house now) that will be
coupled to the spare 0.9m in the lab. With that setup
it should be much simpler/faster/efficient to follow up
the trails. Peter and the new EE (Braulio) are also
designing a new interface board that may be much better
in terms of trails and noise. I would say that if the
science is not being affected, wait for lab results
before doing anything else. Peter should be able to
give you more details and timing on this."
09. DEC 2016 read noise 2X higher than original 8-10e- .....
2017.0227 Peter and Braulio reduce noise to 15 e-
2017.1201 Jonathan Irwin found read noise = 19.158 e- and
gain = 3.046
08. DEC 2016 have white "dofocus" window stay open and have message OK?
"The double shift indicates the end of the sequence."
07. DEC 2016 TCS-TIME in headers incorrect date and wrong format .....
2017.0315 format ok, but date off by 2 days
The TCS displays the correct UT and date, but BIW
displays the correct UT and a date that is 1 day
behind. This incorrect date is written into the
headers for TCS-TIME and in the reversed format:
TCS-TIME 2016-06-12 for UT 07 December (incorrect)
DATE-OBS 2016-12-07 for UT 07 December (correct)
06. DEC 2016 change XPIXSIZE and YPIXSIZE to 0.401" in headers FIXED
05. DEC 2016 tweak BIW GUI buttons FIXED
04. SEP 2016 incorrect #exposures sometimes taken .....
03. SEP 2016 hour angles in headers for east frames positive FIXED
02. SEP 2016 test frame not written to current directory FIXED
01. MAY 2016 bad trails to west on bright stars BETTER