Random things about me
Huh? You're actually interested in what I do outside of astronomy?
- In my "free time", I attempt play guitar.
- I don't listen to a lot of music, but when I do, it's usually
metal (like Megadeth) or occasionally J-pop/J-rock.
- I do like to play video games and if I were to pick a genre to
be my favorite, it would be RPGs.
- Obviously, I am not interested in just Astronomy. Some other
subjects that I find fasinating are: Anthropology (e.g., the
study of human evolution up to its current state), some Philosophy
(I really found my undergraduate class with Prof. Francescotti at
SDSU very interesting!), and a little of Paleontology (dinosaurs
If I actually had free time
- One of my goals is to learn Japanese to the point where I can have
a conversation with a native. So far, I can barely read Hiragana,
some Katakana, and a handful of Kanji...
- Even though being able to play the guitar is enjoyable, I'd also
like to pick up learning how to play other instruments. As of right
now, the only other instrument I have any interest in playing is
10 Lessons from Admiral William H. McRaven
- ''Those who would give up essential
Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty
nor Safety.'' - Benjamin Franklin
- ''Start each day with a task completed.
Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you
take some risks, step up when the times are the toughest, face down the
bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up - if you do these
things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live
in a world far better than the one we have today.'' -
Naval Admiral William H. McRaven
- Lesson No. 1: If you want to change the
world, start off by making your bed.
- Lesson No. 2: If you want to change the
world, find someone to help you paddle.
- Lesson No. 3: If you want to change the
world, measure a person by the size of their heart, not the size of
- Lesson No. 4: If you want to change the
world get over being a sugar cookie and keep moving forward.
- Lesson No. 5: If you want to change the
world, don't be afraid of the circuses.
- Lesson No. 6: If you want to change the
world sometimes you have to slide down the obstacle head first.
- Lesson No. 7: If you want to change the
world, don't back down from the sharks.
- Lesson No. 8: If you want to change the
world, you must be your very best in the darkest moment.
- Lesson No. 9: If you want to change the
world, start singing when you're up to your neck in mud.
- Lesson No. 10: If you want to change the
world don't ever, ever ring the bell.